I love stir frys. They are quick, easy and delicious, as well as a great way to use up leftover veg.
Over the years, I’ve tried a million stir fry sauce recipes, and this has to be the best of all of them. It’s aromatic, sweet, sticky, nutty and salty; everything you want in a stir fry sauce. You can have it with any meat, or with poached eggs as I have in the below picture.
So, without further ado, here’s the recipe. The below makes enough to serve one person.
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 red chilli
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of golden syrup
- 1 chunk of ginger, about the size of a large garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon mirin rice wine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chinese 5 spice
This is such a simple recipe that it’s almost not worth writing down. All you have to do is:
- Finely chop all of the ingredients that need it, and combine everything together.
- Leave for at least 20 minutes to all infuse together
- Add at the early stages of cooking your stir fry, at a high heat. It’s important that you evaporate all the alcohol off the rice wine.