I was amazed when I discovered how easy it is to make your own hummus, as well as how delicious the homemade stuff is. I’ts a simple matter of blitzing a lot of ingredients, and a satisfying, healthy Middle Eastern snack.
Rose harissa gives a rich and hearty spice to your hummus, really complementing the earthy chickpea flavour.
Everyone likes their hummus a little different, so feel free to add more lemon for tanginess, or harissa for spiciness at the end, it’s an easy recipe to tweak.
- 400g can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp rose harissa
- 1 large clove of garlic, chopped finely
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Start by adding all of your ingredients to a blender
- Blend all of your ingredients in said blender.
- Add more olive oil if necessary to attain the texture you’re looking for.
- Enjoy! I recommend serving with roasted vegetables in a pitta. Delicious.